2016 New Year’s Resolutions Every Real Estate Agent Should Make
“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” -Melody Beattie
2016 is finally here! And with a new year comes new goals. Whether it’s to lose weight or finally get that promotion, now is the time that we make resolutions of improvement to ourselves. But have you remembered your real estate marketing in your resolutions?
If strengthening your real estate branding isn’t one of your resolutions, it should be. The real estate industry is a revolving door of new ideas and trends. New real estate techniques and technologies are uncovered every year. And it’s important to re-evaluate and improve your marketing strategy every year to meet these changes.
Below are three real estate marketing resolutions that you should make this year.
1.) Resolve to be healthy
You probably already have health on your resolution list, but you may be asking what it has to do with your real estate career. To be a good real estate agent, you have to be healthy.
This year, invest time in discovering the right balance of work and play. Take a vacation and rejuvenate yourself so that you can come back and tackle real estate with vigor.
Invest in current technology like mobile apps and automated marketing platforms to loosen your marketing load. The Paradym Mobile Agent app is an example of an easy-to-use mobile marketing app that will make juggling your real estate marketing a whole lot easier. With the app, you can create custom video tours in minutes!
Click here to download the app today!
This year, don’t just work hard, play hard.
2.) Resolve to develop a business plan, and follow it
Success isn’t spontaneous. It’s a planned destination that’s derived from hard work and good planning. It’s important to develop a solid business plan. A strong strategy helps you establish your goals and stay on track to achieve them. And remember, business plans are fluid and should grow with the business. It’s a good idea to reassess and update them at least once a year.
- Define your mission and vision-Writing a business plan starts with defining your brand’s mission and vision. It may seem like busy work, but important to determine a purpose for your brand. Businesses are more likely to succeed when they first define the ideals under which they operate.
- SWOT analysis- After you’ve determined your business’s vision, your next step is to conduct a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats). You have to pinpoint your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats before you can determine your goals.
- Setting goals- Now you get to take your vision and what you learned from your SWOT analysis and turn them into tangible goals.
- Marketing Plan– Marketing will account for a large chunk of your real estate business, so it’s important that you develop a strategy for your service, price, place and promotion.
- Implementation and follow-up-Your goals are only successful if you implement them. Set dates to review your business plan goals ( annually, semi-annually, quarterly or even weekly) to ensure you are on the right path to achieving your goals.
You won’t happen into success. You need to plan it.
3.) Resolve to ramp up your marketing
You won’t succeed in real estate without a strong marketing day. This is your year to resolve to strengthen your marketing efforts.
But you don’t have to go at it alone. At Paradym, we have all the tools you need to improve your marketing and increase your LISTINGS, REFERRALS and LEADS. Not a member? Join Paradym today and make your resolutions come true!